The Rangers arrested five suspected terrorists and recovered a cache of arms and explosives during a raid conducted in Keamari Town, Colonel Qaiser Khan of the paramilitary force stated in a press conference on Wednesday.
The apprehended suspects include:
- Bilal Ahmed: Allegedly a close accomplice of Safoora Goth massacre mastermind Tahir Minhas, suspected to be responsible for murder on Minhas’ commands
- Tahir Zaman: Suspected Al Qaeda militant, received training near Miranshah, allegedly responsible for grenade attack on police mobile near Hilal Chowrangi
- Muhammad Nawaz: Allegedly passed information on Army, police and intelligence officials to Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan
- Muhammad Farhan Siddiqui: Allegedly sanctioned by Al Qaeda Pakistan chief Ustaad Ahmed Farooq to recruit new members
- Muhammad Mashhadi: Suspected Al Qaeda militant arrested in 2009 for transporting weapons from Karachi-Sukkur, allegedly returned to militancy after release in 2014
The Rangers said that 8 kilograms of explosives, one suicide jacket, four hand grenades, four bottle bombs, 20 meters of detonator cord, three detonators, four sub-machine guns (SMG), two pistols, 50 SMG rounds, and 15 pistol rounds were recovered from the suspects.
Anti-state and militant literature was also recovered from their possession, indicating the suspects’ allegiance to banned outfits, Col Qaiser said.