The Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) continued to stay in the green on Thursday with the benchmark KSE-100 index gaining 280 points to close at 41,998.
The index lost over 150 points within the first few minutes of trading to touch the day’s low of 41,539 points but bounced back to trade in the positive zone for the most part of the day.
In all, 160 million shares worth Rs7.2 billion were traded at the exchange. Of the 341 traded scrips, 229 advanced, 99 declined and 13 remained unchanged.
The cement sector dominated trading with 62.3m shares traded.
Volumes were led by:
- Power cement Limited: 45.7m shares traded [-0.48pc];
- Silk Bank Limited: 11.4m shares traded [-3.36pc];
- Bank Of Punjab: 10.0m shares traded [+0.91pc];
- Lotte Chemical Pakistan Ltd: 9.2m shares traded [+3.32pc]
- TRG Pakistan Ltd: 8.3m shares traded [+3.13pc]. Source