RAWALPINDI: The Pakistan Army on Tuesday denied that Indian soldiers had crossed the Line of Control earlier on Monday and raided its outpost.
Three Army soldiers were martyred on Monday after Indian forces opened unprovoked firing in the Rakhchikri sector of LoC.
Indian media had reported that Indian army commandos had crossed the LoC and conducted a raid at a Pakistan Army post.
A statement by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) referred to the Indian media reports as a “continuation of the self-defeating projections to satisfy domestic audience”.
One other soldier was injured in the unprovoked incident of firing by Indian troops.
Incidents of firing from across the border have increased after the right-wing government of Narendra Modi came to power and has caused significant material and human loss.
Earlier today, the Foreign Office also summoned the Indian deputy high commissioner and recorded strong protest over continuing ceasefire violations by the Indian forces along the LoC.
DG South Asia and SAARC, Dr Mohammad Faisal, handed a protest note to the Indian diplomat asking New Delhi to honour the 2003 ceasefire agreement between the two countries, the spokesman said.
“The Indian actions got a befitting response from the Pakistani side and their guns were silenced,” said a statement released by the FO.
“The false claims by India about the alleged cross LoC adventures are a figment of their imagination and counter-productive for peace and tranquility on the LoC.”
It further called on the Indian government to investigate all incidents of ceasefire violations, including Monday’s cross-border firing by Indian troops.
Indian forces have used medium and heavy weapons in recent times to target the civilian population of AJK and Army posts built along the LoC.
Pakistan’s top civilian and military leadership has also expressed serious concerns over repeated violations by India of the ceasefire agreement along the LoC.