Mohmand mosque blast: Suspected attacker identified

0

MOHMAND AGENCY: Person suspected of carrying out the suicide blast at a mosque in Mohmand Agency has been identified from NADRA data, an Interior Ministry spokesperson said on Sunday.

It would however be too soon to say if the suspect was involved in the blast, the spokesperson said, adding that further investigation is underway by security agencies.

At least 36 people were killed and over 30 injured in a blast at a mosque in Tehsil Anbar in Mohmand Agency on Friday.

According to political administration sources, the explosion took place when people were returning home from the mosque after Friday prayers.

They stated that the explosion seemed to be a suicide attack and that five children were also among the dead.

Earlier today, authorities lifted the curfew from Tehsil Anbar which had been imposed in the area for an indefinite period of time following the blast.

The authorities have completed search operation in the vicinity. Search operations are underway in surrounding areas.

Leave A Reply