Even after 60 years as an independent nation, we are, what to talk of riding the tide of emerging nations, still struggling for survival and our future is in jeopardy. It is a disgusting scene, and perhaps hardly any other nation on the world map is facing such a dilemma.
The forthright question is – why is it so?
- Are we an ideologically deprived nation? No, we claim to be the descendents of those who aimed beyond the stars.
- Do we lack resources? No, our resource potential is beyond ken of measurement.
- Are we facing dearth of manpower? No, demographically, we are enviably placed in the hierarchy of the world community.
- Do we lack talent? No, we are extraordinarily talented as per researches conducted in the prestigious institutions aiming to explore and evaluate the talent-potential of the nations.
- Are we ill-fated geographically? No, our geographic location is one of the most advantageous in the world.
- Are we bogged down by hostile weather conditions? No, our four-seasons-yearly-cycle is a dream phenomenon, and provides the most productive ambiance.
- Are we then lethargic and not used to hard work and toil? No, we are hard-working people who can safely be trusted to deliver against odds.
Why are we then downtrodden in the community of nations and bewildering for salvation?
The prudent investigations point to different causes and factors for this tormenting situation. They, however, set down undisputedly on one thing and that is: The National Leadership.
This finding is no surprise but a towering truth which has been highlighted and repeatedly emphasized in the Holy Scriptures without any shade of doubt. It is an unwavering lesson of history that the nations rise to the heights of glory only when their leaders live up to the task, and the nations bite the dust and eventually perish when their leaders fail to dispense justice, and instead succumb to greed and lust.
In this ideological and historical perspective, the reappraisal of our national leadership is a distressing story. It is an amazing lot of people, found nowhere in the world! They have, in fact, no parallels. They have set examples unattainable in any civilized society of the planet.
You can see with the naked eye that they are:
- Out-rightly incompetent to take on the challenges the nation is confronted with, but duly capable and proficient to fulfill their personal interests.
- Grossly ignorant of the national legacy and traditions, but meticulously knowledgeable about their own goals and objectives.
- Extravagantly lavish while spending public money, but shamelessly miserly with regard to their own pockets.
- Ruthlessly dishonest in national dealings, but judicious and discreet in their own affairs.
- Weak, meek and tentative while guarding national interests, but very formidable and enterprising while pursuing their own objectives.
- Incapable and inefficient to handle the projects of vital importance to the nation, but intriguingly diligent to accomplish their own plans.
- The ones whose loyalty to the nation and country is a question mark, but their allegiance to their foreign masters is beyond doubt.
- Always absent, and if it all than late, at the hour of need, but never late to receive the award.
- Seen in the country only when in power, but would have already flown across when their trial begins.
Now, the terminal question is: Who are they, and can we think of anything good in being their helm of affairs?
Certainly NOT. They are undoubtedly extended arms of their masters across our sacred borders, and you can never ever pursue yournational objectives in their leadership. They can, for sure, lead you only to disastrous ends.
Then, what do we do?
Dislodge them ……..… democratically, lest someone else, THE ONLY ONE*, removes them from the scene, but along with you!