Key militant commander surrenders in Quetta

1

A key militant commander of the banned Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) surrendered his weapons before government officials in Quetta on Monday.

Balakh Sher Badini, who belonged to the outlawed BLA, laid down his weapons at the Madadgar Cell of the Frontier Corps (FC).

“I am a proud Pakistani and a brave Baloch,” Badini, draped in clothes resembling the Pakistani flag, said on the occasion.

Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti, Government of Balochistan Spokesperson Anwar-ul-Haq Kakar and FC Sector Commander Brig Khalid Baig were present at the press conference.

“I was deceived by foreign-sponsored elements to carry out terrorist activities in Balochistan,” Badini told the large audience.

Badini had been operating in Balochistan’s Noshki district for the last few years.

The government and law enforcement officials welcomed Badini for giving up his weapons and urged other absconders to do the same and participate in the reconciliation process.

A person coming forward and “laying down his weapons is a good omen for the country and province”, the home minister stated.

The spokesperson of the provincial government said it was relieving to find that the youth have “finally realised that India and other foreign countries” were sponsoring terrorism.

“India’s involvement [in terrorism]is no more a secret now,” Kakar said.

Hitherto, hundreds of militants associated with various militant organisations have laid down their weapons before the government in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan.

Source 

Comments

comments

Discussion1 Comment

Leave A Reply