Habib Bank Limited has announced the Innovation Challenge for designing a fintech solution. It aims to disrupt the current financial services environment and is open for all financial technology companies in Pakistan at any stage of development, be it a startup or a corporation.
According to HBL the challenge “aims to identify potential partners who can help us solve some critical financial services problems”.
Winning this challenge will net you cash rewards from HBL in addition to the opportunity to test and deploy your solution at HBL with live customer data using HBL’s own products as leverage.
The Challenge requires you to develop a solution for any one of the 5 themes:
Customer authentication & data protection
- Digital document authentication
- Unique transaction identification
- Cognitive biometrics
- Fraudulent behavior detection
- Authentication methods
- Gamification & virtual reality
2. Customer onboarding
- Digital Application
- Digital customer feedback
3. Downstream business application
- Digital payments and efficient settlement
- Blockchain & distributed ledger
- Straight through processing & automation
- Wealth management
- Enabling third party services like e-commerce website to integrate with HBL’s systems.
- Lead management and tracking
4. Data Analytics, algorithms & artificial intelligence
- Customer insights
- Data-driven credit assessment in real time
- Bots & robo-advisory
5. Regulatory technology
- Automated regulatory reporting
- Integrated Basel compliance
- Information security
- AML Checks
How to Apply
The teams can submit three different entries but all of those entries need to be on a different theme. Individuals are not allowed to participate using multiple teams and switching teams after submitting your application is not allowed.
You can apply for the Innovation Challenge through this form. You will receive an email on any updates regarding the Innovation Challenge on your provided email address.
A team of judges will evaluate the solutions submitted by each team and the top teams will be selected for HBL Innovation Challenge Grand Finale.
Applications will be shortlisted based on:
- User experience
- Implementation practicality
- Commercial Prospects
Important Dates and Deadline
Candidates applying for the challenge should take note of the following dates:
Application Deadline: May 7, 2017
Announcement of Finalists: May 14th, 2017
Grand Finale: May 22nd & 23rd, 2017