NEWS DESK: Many people conscious about their sugar intake cut down on sweet processed foods. However, they ignore the fact that some high-in-sugar fruits are as bad for their blood sugar as any processed food.
According to a report published in the Times of India, these eight fruits are safe for consumption as far as sugar levels are concerned:
1. Lemon and limes: They contain just one or two grams of sugar per lime and are majorly a sour fruit. High in vitamin C, they are perfect to start your day with as plain juice in a glass of lukewarm water.
3. Blackberries: High in antioxidants, these dark-coloured berries contain only seven grams of sugar per cup.
4. Kiwis: The fuzzy green fruit too is rich in vitamin C and has just six grams of sugar per kiwi.
5. Grapefruit: A citrus fruit that helps you lose weight, there are only nine grams of sugar in half of a medium-sized fruit.
6. Watermelon: These cool to eyes and stomach treats are a good source of iron and contain less than 10 grams of sugar in a cup of diced watermelon.
7. Oranges: Enjoyed as a snack in between meals, oranges boost your vitamin C and have about 12 grams of sugar per fruit.
8. Peaches: They might taste quite sweet but have less than 13 grams of sugar in a medium-sized fruit.
Enjoy these eight fruits separately or have them in combination to satiate your sweet tooth cravings in a safe way!