Almost everybody, from doctors to grandmoms and parents to the health experts and nutritionists, has told us that it is very healthy to drink water on an empty stomach. It not only clears the bowels but has other benefits, too.
According to a report published in Times of India, here are 6 unbelievable benefits of drinking water on an empty stomach:
- Flushes toxins: It not only detoxifies the body but also reduces bloating and stimulates enzymes that regulate your digestive tract
- Stimulates hunger: Drinking a glass of water just before breakfast can help increase your appetite and boost your metabolism.
- Prevents headache: It helps prevent dehydration and naturally fends off a headache. It also prevents bad breath and oral infections.
- Energy booster: It activates the red blood cells and, as a result, levels of oxygen increase in the blood that keeps you energized all day.
- Boosts weight loss: It flushes out toxins that decrease your metabolism and thus helps you burn more calories.
- Clears complexion: As it detoxifies your body, it naturally removes all the dead cells and results in a clearer skin.