Do you feel suffocated inside your home? It is not surprising since we are breathing recycled air most of the time when inside the house. Including houseplants in your home decor improves the air quality within the walls of your home while also getting you cleaner air to breathe, according to a report published in the Times of India.
Here are some houseplants which serve a variety of purpose:
1. Peace Lily: One of the most effective indoor air purifiers, peace lily grows easily in shade. With its green leaves and white flowers that continue to bloom through the year.
2. Snake Plant: If you want to reduce the humidity in your bathroom, keep a pot of snake plant in there. It thrives in both – bright as well as low light conditions.
3. Money Plant: The most common indoor plant, it is also one of the best plants to purify air polluted with synthetic chemicals from furniture and cleaning solutions. It energises the home by filtering air and increasing oxygen inflow.
4. Aloe Vera: While we all know the skin-healing benefits of aloe vera gel that we get from the plant, not many know that it also filters out byproducts of chemical-based cleaners and paints.
5. Chinese Evergreen: Easy to find and easy to grow, this houseplant is happy with low light and great for getting rid of air filled with benzene and formaldehyd and makes for a perfect plant for your bathrooms.