India resumes shelling AJK, Sialkot villages

0

a

MIRPUR/SIALKOT- An elderly civilian was grievously injured as Indian troops resorted to unprovoked shelling from across the Line of Control on village Kairi adjacent to Naiza Pir Sector in Haveli, Azad Jammu & Kashmir, on Saturday.
The army, meanwhile, warned India of responding in the same coin if the misadventures from across the border continue.
According to a statement released by the Inter-Service Public Relations (ISPR) Saturday, the army said that Pakistani forces will respond in the same way if there is any misadventure from across the working boundary and the LoC by Indian forces.
ISPR said that every Indian violation on LoC and working boundary will meet a befitting response.
The unprovoked Indian firing started at about 9am Saturday on village Kairi in Naiza Pir Sector in Haveli district of Poonch division, injuring 70-year-old Wali Muhammad s/o Ghulam Muhammad. This was told by AJK Additional Secretary Home Hameed Mughal who is also in charge of the newly set up emergency central control room in Muzaffarabad, on telephone Saturday night
The unprovoked Indian firing continued till 2pm intermittently, Mughal said, while briefing The Nation on the incident.
The Indians, using mortars and light weapons, targeted the village along the restive Line of Control, said the reports from the firing-hit village. The reports added Indian shelling continued for about five hours intermittently, affecting normal life in Kairi and adjoining areas in Naiza Pir Sector in Haveli.
Meanwhile, after a daylong silence, the Indian Border Security Forces (BSF) started unprovoked heavy shelling on Sialkot border villages in Charwar Sector.
According to senior officials of the Chenab Rangers, the Indian BSF fired heavy shells on Sialkot border villages, including Charwar, Dhamaala, Rangoor, Bhagiyaari, Kingra and surrounding areas. They started shelling at 7pm, which continued for two hours.
No loss of life or any injury was reported as the local villagers had already vacated these villages.
The Chenab Rangers retaliated in a befitting manner, silencing the Indian guns.
HUNDREDS OF SIALKOT SCHOOLS REMAIN SHUT
Hundreds of public and private sector schools in Sialkot border villages remained closed for the second consecutive day.
According to MNA Ch Armughan Subhani, the district administration has closed 120 government schools in the wake of the week-long targeting of the civilian population by Indian Border Security Forces.
Most of the buildings of private and government schools were also badly hit by unprovoked intensified Indian shelling. Likewise, all the private schools had also been lying closed since July 2014 before the summer vacation due to the Indian shelling. The affected people in villages Joiyaan, Bajra Garhi, Harpal, Umeraanwali, Charwah, Dhamaala, Kingra and surrounding villages said that all they were living with fears of their lives in these villages. Due the prevailing tension along the Sialkot Working Boundary, the students and teachers are fearful of going to the schools. The district administration closed the government schools till the further orders.
PAK-INDIA FLAG MEETING ON TUESDAY
Agencies add: Flag meeting between Pakistan and Indian armies will be held on Tuesday in the backdrop of tension as a result of cross border shelling at the Line of Control and Working Boundary.
Thirteen Pakistani civilians embraced martyrdom as a result of shelling and firing by the Indian Border Security Forces at the LoC and Working Boundary over the last few days.
Islamabad recorded its strong protest over the Indian violation of ceasefire accord, while Pakistan’s Foreign Office has also categorically denied firing across the border first.
The tension at the Look and Working Boundary came under review at the Friday’s cabinet meeting.
Later, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar talking to the media announced that Pakistan would write a letter to the United Nations and its Military Observers Group (UNMOGIP) would also be invited to inspect the situation at the LoC and Working Boundary.
In view of the Indian aggression along the Line of Control, a control room has been set up to monitor the situation.
On the directions of AJK Prime Minister Chaudhry Abdul Majeed, the chief secretary has established a control room under the supervision of Additional Secretary Home Hameed Mughal to collect the information of Indian firing, shelling and violation of ceasefire agreement on the LoC, and circulate the same to print and electronic media besides other authorities concerned.
Those desirous of sharing information can contact the in-charge of the control room on numbers 05822921075 and 03556750429.

Comments

comments

Leave A Reply